This is one of the
Christian villages of Barwari Bala. It used to have a population of (25) people
according to the 1957 general census. About 15 families dwelt in the village in
five houses beside (15) Jewish families who later immigrated to Israel in 1949.
The village was destroyed
in 1978 as part of the government plan to construct compulsory residential
complexes with an aim to evacuate the border strip. There were (20) families in
the village at that time. There is an old castle in the village in addition to
a Jewish temple.
On instructions from
Sargkis Aghajan, the Higher Committee for Christian Affairs (HCCA) built four
new houses for the village inhabitants.