It is one of the
Christian villages in the area of Barwari Bala. It used to have a population of
(45) people according to the 1957 general census. In the aftermath of the 1961
events the (15) families that used to live in the village deserted it but
returned when the situation calmed down relatively. In 1988, however, the
village was destroyed and burned down during the notorious Anfal Campaign.
About (40) families used to live in the village at that time.
During the reconstruction
campaign led by Sarkis Aghajan, the (HCCA) in Duhok built 7 new houses in the
village. It was provided with a power supply generator in addition to carrying
out some water projects.